Mulino di Bairo
Mulino di Bairo

Mulino di Bairo
Tel.: +39 348 047 7217
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Via Molino, 6, 10010 Bairo TO

Mulino di Bairo


An ancient mill from the second half of the 1500s, recovered and restored by the grandchildren of the last miller, has found new life as a farmhouse and location for events.
Immersed in the greenery of the Canavese countryside, 40 km from Turin and a short distance from the main points of interest in the area, the farmhouse offers 9 elegant rustic-style rooms, all with private bathrooms and satellite TV. Il Vecchio Mulino is the ideal location for ceremonies, events and business meetings in a relaxed and hospitable environment.
The property offers a large room, perfect for this type of occasion. Il Mulino di Bairo is the ideal place for a romantic weekend or with the family, to celebrate your important moments or simply to regenerate and relax in contact with nature in an oasis of well-being and tranquility.

The history of the Bairo Mill begins at the same time as the opening of the Bealera Briccaca or more commonly known as the Caluso Canal, which took place in December 1559 after just 3 years of work. Work done on the initiative of Marshal Charles de Cossè de Brisach, commander of the French troops who occupied part of the Canavese in those years.
The marshal obtained, in 1556, from Henry II of France, the permission for the construction of a canal to carry water from Spineto, a hamlet of Castellamonte, to his lands of Caluso, obtaining from Henry II, the right to derive from the river Orc.
Following this agreement, the Community of Bairo was finally able to build its own mill and the revenues remained with the Bairese administration.
The mill remained in business until 1900

From 2008 to 2013 there was an impressive renovation with the creation of a new wing intended for receptive use, while the historic premises of the Mill have been kept as such.

Share on social